- Oras Group as an employer
- Customers and products
- Responsible production
Energy efficiency and environmental protection
At Oras Group we are committed to reducing our energy consumption by 1% per year. Additionally, our production site in Rauma has signed the Energy Efficiency Agreement for Industries – a voluntary agreement between the Finnish government and the industries. It aims to reduce the energy consumption of the participants by 4% between 2017 and 2020 and by 7,5% between 2017 and 2025.
Reducing CO2 emissions through combined heat and power generation
In September 2016 our Burglengenfeld production site inaugurated a combined heat and power unit. This new unit generates 95 % of the heat and 50 % of the electricity required on site. The modernization of the distribution system and the hydraulic heat outlet and the improvement of ventilation technology further contribute to increased energy efficiency.
As a result, an estimated of 1000 tons of CO2 will be reduced every year.
Oras Group has introduced the following energy efficiency and environmental protection measures:
- Combined heat and electricity generation unit in Burglengenfeld
- LED lights in the new assembly spaces in Kralovice
- LED lights in employees’ facilities in Burglengenfeld
- LED lights in production spaces and lunch canteen in Rauma
- New, more energy efficient machinery in Burglengenfeld
- New waste management equipment in Olesno
- Ecological first aid sorbent kits for chemicals and oils in Olesno
- Improvements in air ventilation and distribution in Rauma
- Reducing the indoor temperature from 26°C to 21°C in a production hall in Rauma.
Environmental and energy experts group
We have assigned environmental and energy experts at all sites. Together they form the environmental and energy group that meets regularly to share best practices, set targets and harmonize processes for improved environmental and energy management.
There have not been any incidents of non-compliance with environmental laws and regulations during 2017 and 2018.